Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Paul's Letter to the Colossians

Dear friends,

Let me begin by saying what a wonderful time I am having on vacation in Rome.  The sights to see here are utterly amazing.  The carving work is fantastic, the streets are wonderful busy and filled with vendors selling all sorts of wares and the delicacies.  How I wish you had these back in Ephesus!

Moreover, the stone work here is just utterly astounding.  Large impressive buildings, statues of Emperors of days gone by to inspire one to virtue and manilness.  It is an utter jewel of a place.  I am quite happy - I have a little place just outside of the walls - I feel like I could spend the rest of my life here.  I am having such a great time.

Oh, yes, my letter.  I know the old adage is that while the cat is away the mice will play.  I want you to remember that while I am gone, God is watching you, checking you twice, even.  Therefore be on your best behavior, lest you anger God who is so far away from you.  You have been lucky enough to not attract his attention.  Keep your nose clean and you can stay under the radar.  And remember, if you show up to the afterlife and you've done nothing to tick Him off, you are in like Flynn.

Alright - chill out homies, and enjoy your best life now!

Paulie.

 

No comments: